Mplus Graphics Defaults PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Phil Wood posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 9:03 am
Here's just a general thought for a future version concerning the user interface. It would be really nice if Mplus had the feature, similar to SAS, Mx, and Amos, for example, for the user to specify the default properties that they would like to have for any session.
For example, it gets a bit tedious if you are generating plots and have to go into each legend on a mixture more and specify that you want no border (because it's clutter) and no fill (because it can cover up some of the lines in your time plot). It would be nice to give the user control over the default color order as well, because red, gree, and blue gray-bar out to the same color on a black and white printer- being able to default to a lighter shade of pale might be useful, or even dashed lines.
Obviously no burning priority, but if you multiply the time across projects, programmers and users, you're probably affecting Mplus researcher efficiency ;-)
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:25 pm
Yes, we have been talking about this - I run into it myself wanting to use the same axes labels for a set of plots. It's in the works.
 Kurt Beron posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 2:58 pm
I am also having some basic graphing issues. All I want to do is change the order of the legend so that I list the highest (on Y-axis) class-line (in my mixture model) first, then the next, and so forth. I've tried playing with the legend properties and the line series properties but haven't found a way to change the order that is (seemingly) randomly given. Is there a way? And is there any documentation on the graphic interface for plotting (beyond the user manual)? The on-line cursor-over-option is quite cryptic.
Thanks....Kurt
 Amir Sariaslan posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 3:04 pm
Kurt,
One way of doing this is to export the graph data and plot it in another software (i.e. Microsoft Excel or Stata).
Sincerely,
Amir
 Kurt Beron posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 3:11 pm
Thanks, Amir. I've done this in the past but unless I automate this then it's a series of extra steps each time. I already do this for switching to grayscale for publication quality, but was looking for something internal. I'm guessing it's not there. Oh well.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: