Bootstrapped Standard Errors PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Adam Blake posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 9:58 pm
I was wondering what the appropriate way to calculate p-values from the standard errors generated with the bootstrapping option?

I am assuming I can use the estimate divided by the standard error to estimate a Z value. My concern is this approach does not always correspond with the sometimes asymmetric confidence intervals also generated with the bootstrapping option.

Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks,

Adam Blake
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 11:31 am
The current version of Mplus gives p-values. These are based on the z-score from taking the ratio of the parameter estimate to its standard error.
 Adam Blake posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 11:27 am
So in the event that my 95% bootstrapped confidence interval for the unstandardized parameter does not include zero, but the probability derived from the Z value is >0.05, that parameter should still be deemed to be not significant?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 5:57 pm
You would need to decide which one is best for your situation. The bootstrapped confidence interval takes the non-normality of the parameter estimate distribution into account. It is not necessarily symmetric.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: