Strange output from Mplus 6.1 PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Mikko Rönkkö posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 2:54 am
Normally I get only a short notice to standard out from Mplus telling that the estimation terminated normally and where the results are. Today Mplus reported the results to standard out with a note that the software is July 1997 version followed by the results.

PROGRAM UNDER DEVELOPMENT
BENGT O. MUTHEN (SOLE PROPRIETOR)
VERSION JULY 1997

Also in the results file there is an error message, but the estimation finished normally. The error message does not say what the error is.

1 ERROR(S) FOUND IN THE INPUT INSTRUCTIONS

Any ideas on what causes this error message? This (potential) problem occurs occasionnally and typically If I run the model again, I get the expected behavior instead of "JULY 1997 VERSION"

I am running Mplus on wine, but I doubt that this is the cause of this issue.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 9:23 am
This is probably coming out to the screen because the TEMP environment variable is not set or because the temporary file it is writing to (where the filename is ~input.tst) cannot be created.

This can also happen if 2 instances of Mplus on the same input are running simultaneously. Then the ~input.tst temporary file cannot be created for one of the Mplus instances.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: