Monte Carlo and Graphing PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Anonymous posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 7:14 am
Is it possible to use the graphing features in Mplus in monte carlo studies? For example, I want to present a bar graph for the Monte Carlo estimates of the population coefficients under different conditions. For instance, I want to present a bar graph for a link between X and Y as it tries to recover a population estimate across 1000 replications. How can I do this?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 8:03 am
The PLOT command is not available with the MONTECARLO command. You can save your Monte Carlo results using the RESULTS option of the MONTECARLO command and graph them using another program.
 Anonymous posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:47 am
When I have tried to save the results in SPSS format, I have not been able to read the data directly into the program. Is there a way to reformat the data? That is, the manual says that it is saved in E15.8 format. Can we manipulate how the data are saved and/or what is saved using this command? If so, would you give me an example to follow from? Thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 5:34 pm
The format of the results cannot be changed. It is an ASCII file. You cannot save the data in an SPSS format. See the SPSS manual for how to read an ASCII file.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: