WLS versus robust WLS (i.e. WLSMV)... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Eivind Ystrom posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 4:39 am
Hello,

I'm running a SEM model where one latent variable is regressed on four latent variables. All indicators are categorical and the sample comprise about 35 000 cases.
In Flora & Curran (2004) it is shown that WLSMV perform better than WLS in small to moderate samples. Will WLSMV outperform WLS in large samples (35 000), are they about equally accurate, or will WLS outperform WLSMV in samples of that size? Do you know of any simulation studies looking into this?
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:03 am
I don't know about studies of that. I would guess that the two estimators perform about the same, although I worry about WLS with many variables.
 thanoon younis posted on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 5:57 pm
hi
is there any reference talks about SEM methods WLS,DWLS,WLSMV and so on by details with functions.
many thanks
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 2:03 pm
See the paper on our website

Muthén, B., du Toit, S.H.C., & Spisic, D. (1997). Robust inference using weighted least squares and quadratic estimating equations in latent variable modeling with categorical and continuous outcomes. Unpublished technical report.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: