Cross-lagged multilevel model? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 WAM posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:47 am
Hello,
I tested a reciprocal relationship between two variables (measured at 3 occasions). One of the reviewers insists that the cross-lag model must be tested using M+ by taking the multi-level structure of the data (occasions nested within students, which are nested within classrooms) in to account. Is there such a possibility?
Thanks,
Wond
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 1:37 pm
Yes, see Example 9.12.
 Natalie Wright posted on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Hi,
I have a question similar to the one asked by the previous poster. I want to test an autoregressive latent trajectory model incorporating 2 variables measured on 3 occasions. However, the data has a nested structure (students within classrooms). The higher-order units aren't of substantial research interest. I know that multilevel latent growth models and multilevel cross-lagged models can be tested in Mplus, but I haven't seen anything, either in the Mplus documentation or elsewhere, regarding multilevel ALT models. Can this model be specified in Mplus? If so, would TYPE=TWOLEVEL or TYPE=COMPLEX option be more appropriate?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 10:07 am
Mplus can estimate multilevel ALT models. I don't have an example. You might want to ask if someone on SEMNET has one. I think TYPE=TWOLEVEL would be the best choice.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: