Digits after decimal point? PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Student 09 posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:20 pm
Hello,

this is a more general question - does Mplus allow to change the default to show just three digits after the decimal point?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:33 pm
No. If you want more decimals, you need to save the results.
 Martin Heinberg posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 4:26 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

I would like to obtain more digits from the residual variance. How can I get the data with the savedata command?

Thank you for your answer!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 3:42 pm
Use the RESULTS option.
 Xu, Man posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 3:47 am
Dear Dr. Muthen,

I also need more decimals in the results (lots of association tests - need very high threshold for statistical significance). The problem is that I have hundreds of models I need to run (through R or STATA) and so far I have not found an add-on thing in R or STATA that allows reading in the Mplus results output saved in such a way.

However, with a R package, I managed to read in the regular results printed in output files, including the z-values. So I want to calculate the p-values from R, using the Z values I got from Mplus. In this situation, do you think I can use the normal -distribution function in R? My sample size is around 1000.

For example, for a z-value -1.771 from Mplus
I type this in R

> 2*pnorm(-abs(-1.771))
[1] 0.0765607

This gives more decimal places, which is what I need for the log 10 conversion. In Mplus the p value is 0.077. There is no way for me to be absolutely sure whether the two are identical, because the z-value itself doesn't have more accuracy after 3rd decimal places either.

Do you think the p value from Mplus is using the same distribution as in R this way?

Thanks a lot!!!

Kate
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 10:23 am
Use the PHI function and MODEL CONSTRAINT. The PHI function is described in the DEFINE command.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: