Estimating interactions with sig-w PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Samuel posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 1:08 pm
Hello Linda, hello Bengt,

is it somehow possible to estimate interactions between latent (exogenous) variables when analyzing sig-w (since xwith requires raw data)? For instance, would it be appropriate to create product-terms and include them when estimating sig-w? I should say that I'am only interested in the within-model, but because of too many free model parameters compared to the cluster-level sample size, it is not possible to use type=twolevel with no between-model.
Thanks for your time.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 2:22 pm
I don't believe this is possible. You may have to ignore the clustering and realize that your standard errors will be too small and chi-square too large if you have clustering.
 Samuel posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 8:00 am
OK, I was afraid that this is impossible. Would it be appropriate to use type=complex to estimate an interaction (either with XWITH or product-terms (e.g. Ping or Kenny & Judd, etc.))?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 8:06 am
You can use XWITH with COMPLEX RANDOM. You cannot estimate a latent variable interaction in one step without XWITH.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: