Looking for polytomous multilevel data PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Brandon Vaughn posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 2:52 pm
Hi everyone,

I am looking for polytomous outcome multilevel data to experiment with some models I have been working on. But I can't find anything! If possible, an educational setting would be best. Where level-1 is the item (possible ratings or Likert-response), level-2 are student characteristics, and level-3 are school characteristics. It does not have to be educational, though.

I am trying to find something also which does not require the lengthy process like some of the restricted data from NCES. So anything in computer packages, data sets someone would be willing to let me have access to, etc. ASCII format or SPSS is great, although specific packages are okay too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!
Brandon
bkv03@garnet.acns.fsu.edu
 bmuthen posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 6:16 am
Might the NELS data have some instrument like that? Does anyone know? I think NELS is freely available.
 praiya posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 6:49 pm
Hello,
I interest in this topic (Brandons' topic). I would like to know is that 'The partial credit hierarchical measurement model (HMM)'?, and I interest Mplus very much.I'd like to know Mplus can analyze this. Could you please provide more details for me.
Thank you very much,
Praiya, Thailand.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:55 am
There is not a direct way to do the partial credit model in Mplus as far as I understand. But perhaps the Mplus Model Constraint feature can be used to implement the parameterization.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: