General Random Effect Latent Variable... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Shanshan Wang posted on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:44 am
Hi Mplus veterans,

I read a recent article General Random Effect Latent Variable Modelling: Random Subjects, Items, Contexts, and Parameters. On page 21, it wrote that Verhagen and Fox's (2012) method has been used to test measurement invariance. Will you please give me an example on how to use that method in mplus? I couldn't find the codes in the supplementary.

Also, on the same page 21, it calculated the percent loading invariance, on the last column in table 5. I found a formula for this on the New Developments in Mplus Version 7:Part 2 (page 35) as:

Percent Loading Invariance
= the percentage of the variation of the loadings that is explained by
factor variance variation.

I still couldn't figure out how to calculate this index. Will you please also give me an example on how to do that?

Thank you in advance!
SW
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 5:12 pm
Eqn (36) shows the varying loading spi as a function of the varying factor variance sigmai. The R-square is based on this equation.

Our Verhagen-Fox runs are not available right now. But please see our paper on the website:

Muthén, B. & Asparouhov, T. (2013). New methods for the study of measurement invariance with many groups. Download Mplus scripts.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: