Is multilevel modelling right for my ... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Joanna Harma posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:11 pm
I was thinking of buying the multilevel add-on because I now want to do things I had not anticipated.
My sample consists of family questionnaires collecting information on family-level aspects such as income, land-holding, religion etc. The other part is child-specific such as gender and order within the family.
I would like to find out what influences school choice for each gender and age of child using both household level and child-specific information.
Question 1: is it alright to use a simple two-level multimodelling?
Question 2: my dependent variable has two categories (private or government school) for this what type of regression technique does Mplus use in multilevel modelling?
Question 3: is it possible to pay to download an add-on or is it necessary to wait to receive it by mail?
Thanks,
Joanna
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 6:34 am
How many families do you have?
 Joanna Harma posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 8:16 am
I have 250 families in total, thanks.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 8:25 am
1. You can model data where children are nested in families using a two-level model.
2. Logistic or probit.
3. You must receive it by mail. Note that all of your emails bounce back. This is why your questions have not been answered. Please check into this.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: