Multilevel manifest covariate PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Gindo Tampubolon posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 9:39 am
Dear Bengt and Linda,

If I understand anything about Luedtke et al 2008 'The Multilevel Latent Covariate Model' then it would mean that we should take account of the variance of contextual variables which are derived from (function of) aggregate of individual level variables.

In my context, the multilevel structure is individual nested in area.

Now, I may have a 'similar' situation where the contextual variables are not aggregated from the same sample but imported from another sample (about the same area or context). Thus there are area/contextual level variables WITH their variances known.

If I haven't read Luedtke et al, I would just use the imported area/contextual level variables as they come. However, I'm not innocent anymore, so how do I specify a multilevel model where the variance of the area/contextual level are also accounted for? In other words, how do I specify the known variance of area level variables?

Many thanks for your help.

Gindo
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 2:03 pm
The Mplus decomposition into level1 and level 2 components that Ludtke et al discuss need the individuals' raw data to actually create the latent predictor variables on the two levels. The variances on the different levels are not sufficient.
 Gindo Tampubolon posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 2:02 pm
Thanks Bengt.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: