Intercept of factor in MLM PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Student 09 posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 2:18 pm
Hello,
I computed a 2 level SEM with a cross-level interaction (slope conditional on level-2 predictor). I now want to plot the nature of the interaction graphically and just realized that the standard Mplus 5 output does not contain an intercept of the dependent (latent) variable. Is there a way to request the intercept?

Many thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 9:22 am
The intercept of a continuous latent variable in a single-group cross-sectional models is zero.
 Lizzy Eilbracht posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 2:13 am
Hi,

If I understand this correctly, my 2 level model with 5 latent variables and 5 cross-level interactions has an intercept of 0?

Furthermore, how can I estimate the means of my 5 latent variables? The items (20 in total) are continuous.

Thanks!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 6:47 am
In cross-sectional models, intercepts and means of latent variables are zero. They can be estimated only in repeated measures models or multiple group models where they are zero at one time point or in one group and free at the other time points or in the other groups.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: