MPlus is using half my data PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Daniel Paulson posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 2:00 pm
Hi All,
I may have this question in the wrong area, but here goes - I'm trying to run a basic, level 1 model with data at 4 time points. The model runs without error messages, but the output appears to be based on exactly half of my data (N=683) rather than the entire sample in my data file (N=1366).

Based on the resolution to an old thread on this board, I checked the syntax for the Data Is, and it is fine. I've double-checked the dataset, and it's all there.

Has anyone ever had this happen? I appreciate any and all suggestions!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 2:07 pm
This could happen ff you have more variable names than columns in your data set or if you have blanks in the data set and are reading it free format. If you can't see the reason, send the output, data, and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
 Daniel Paulson posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 2:33 pm
Dr. Muthen, Thanks for the response. The solution - the *.inp with my data was 160 characters wide. Thanks!
 Ge Jiang posted on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 4:41 pm
I encountered the same question. Can someone help me out?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, December 08, 2014 - 4:59 pm
You must have more variable names that you have columns in the data causing two records to be needed for each observation.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: