Mplus on Mac PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Olga Berkout posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:05 am
Hello, I am running Mplus 6.12 on Mac, trying to run a multilevel model. I'm having trouble getting the program to recognize the "|" symbol to define slope variables. When I try to input into Mplus the program puts in a space. Is there something I'm missing? I'm new to this program and its possible that its a very simple mistake.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:32 am
Can you open one of the Chapter 6 examples and copy the | symbol from that input and then paste it into your input to see if it still adds the space instead of the symbol?
 Olga Berkout posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:18 pm
Yes, unfortunately the | symbol is still not read when copy and pasting Chapter 6 example input. Thank you for your prompt reply.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:36 am
Please open Example 6.1 in the Editor and send a screen shot of this to support@statmodel.com. Include information about the language version of the Mac you are using. Your keyboard may not be mapped correctly for that key.
 Olga Berkout posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:16 am
Changing font to Monaco in Mplus resolved the issue. Also text files in "Windows formatted txt" were the only ones my Mac could recognize. I hope this helps fellow Mac users who might have trouble :-)

Olga
 Frances Carter posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 8:13 pm
I saw this post and was wondering if I could get some help from you. I have used MPlus previously on a PC but am a new mac user so I am not sure of where to store my files and how to display my output. I have read the help files repeatedly and saved my data and other files in my user directory but I am still not able to run the necessary analysis.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:23 am
Please send the output and your license number to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: