Saving values in a separate file PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Courtney M Kendall posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 5:40 pm
Hello,

I am trying to save some parameter estimates after doing a CFA model. I am using the estimates command in the savedata option however, it keeps saving the tech1 outputs and I don't want it to. Is there anyway I can control what is being saved I only want to save the parameter estimates for the factor loadings, means, and covariance values. Also is there a way to have the data saved in columns (like the FSCORES command)?

Thank you for your help,
Courtney Kendall
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 6:27 pm
The parameter estimates are saved in the order they are in TECH1. There is no way to obtain only certain parameter estimates. They are not saved in columns because there are not values for each observation. There is only one estimate per parameter. What are you planning to do with these parameter estimates.
 Courtney M Kendall posted on Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 12:05 pm
I was hoping to take these parameter estimates into SAS and then use these estimates to do different methods to calculate factor scores and compare the factor scores I get. I know MPLUS creates Thurstone factor scores but I was hoping to calculate Bartlett and some newer methods that were published in the last couple of years.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, October 26, 2012 - 1:47 pm
You need to save the raw data and use it in combination with the parameter estimates to create factor scores.
 Courtney M Kendall posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 9:43 am
Is there a way to save the raw data along with the parameter estimates? Or will I have to save them in a different file? Also if I must save them in a different file which command would I use?

Thank you for your help,
Courtney Kendall
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 11:59 am
You will need to save them in separate files. The files do not have the same dimensions. Use the FILE option in SAVEDATA to save the individual data. Use the ESTIMATES option to save the parameter estimates.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: