CFA PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 wnn_scuh0307 posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 4:12 pm
Hi,
I had conducted CFA for my data using MLR estimator since my data is considered as continuous data. Then, I realized that there are few items that have negative factor loading although they works perfectly well in EFA (all the items lie in a factor). I try to separate the items that have positive and negative loadings and running the CFA again and obviously the factor correlation is negative which is I believe not a good sign.
So, how to deal with this situation? Is it caused by different types of estimator? My friend tries to use AMOS which is the default estimator is MLE, but the items are pretty ok and he dis not face this problem (negative factor loading in CFA)

Need you advice.
Thank you.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 4:27 pm
It sounds like you get negative loadings where you expect positive ones. If all loadings on a factor are negative, that just means that the interpretation of the factor is reversed and you should get a reverse sign factor correlation.

This is not a function of estimators.

Perhaps you want to send the outputs of your EFA and the problematic CFA to Support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: