Priors for residual correlations in B... PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 David Markland posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 10:27 am
Hello,

Are there examples available of how to specify small variance priors for residual correlations in Bayes CFA? I understand how to specify priors for cross-loadings and that priors for residual correlations are less straightforward and that three methods are available. I see there are examples of the results of such analyses but cannot find any input examples.

Thank you,
David.
 Bengt O. Muthen posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 1:44 pm
See our website under Papers, Bayesian Analysis where it says

Muthén, B. & Asparouhov, T. (2012). Bayesian SEM: A more flexible representation of substantive theory. Psychological Methods, 17, 313-335. Click ""download paper"" below for the latest version of October 21, 2011. Download the 2nd version dated April 14, 2011. Click here to view the seven web tables referred to in the paper and here to view Mplus inputs, data, and outputs used in this version of paper. Download the 1st version dated September 29, 2010 containing a MIMIC section and more tables, and the corresponding Mplus inputs, data, and outputs here. The seven web tables correspond to tables 8, 10, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 of the first version.
 David Markland posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 2:14 am
Dear Bengt,

Thank you for pointing me at this. Should have found it myeself!

Regards,
David.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: