Last 3 Days
Confirmatory Factor Analysis
posted on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 4:58 am
I am trying to test approximate measurement invariance (AMI) of a three-item scale across 22 countries, and while doing so, I have encountered three different ways of parameterization.
1. Free all loadings and intercepts; fix factor means @ 0 for the reference group; fix factor variance @ 1 for all the groups (
2. Free all loadings and intercepts; fix factor means of the reference group @ 0, and factor variance of that group @ 1. (
3. I also tried freeing all loadings, intercepts, and factor means, while fixing only the factor variance of the reference group @ 1. The model still converged and provided reasonable estimates.
I wonder what is the theoretical difference between these three approaches, which one is preferred, and which one is perhaps wrong?
Bengt O. Muthen
posted on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 1:42 pm
1. Are you referring to the input in Figure 4 of that document?
2. Which example are you referring to here?
3. I would have to see the full output - send your output to Support along with your license number.
posted on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 8:23 am
Dear Prof. Muthen,
2. Example 5.33
3. I will send it right away!
Thanks a lot!
Back to top
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message