Fit statistics and factor loadings PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Abdel posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:34 am
I did a multigroup CFA on categorical data and I had 2 questions about the output:

1. If I get a chi-square with p-value=0.000, CFI=.989, TLI=.992, RMSEA=.015 and WRMR=1.530, can I then conclude that it was a good fit? The p-value and the rest of the statistics seem to contradict each other here..

2. Where can I see the factor loadings that can be compared to the loadings that an EFA gives for the same data?

I hope you can help me out, thanks in advance!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 9:41 am
1. You don't mention your sample size. If it is very large, chi-square can be sensitive as it is a test of exact fit. You can do a sensitivity analysis by freeing the parameters until you obtain an acceptable p-value. If the original model results have not changed, you can assume that chi-square was sensitive to large sample size.

2. Compare to the factor loadings you obtain from the STDYX standardization.
 Abdel posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 11:58 am
I had a sample size of about 7000, and compared four groups within that sample with the multigroup CFA of about 900, 1000, 2000 and 3000..
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 12:42 pm
I would do a sensitivity analysis.
 Robert Urban posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 1:45 pm
Dear Dr. Muthén,
I performed a CFA analysis with MLR (N=1180) on 26 items and 5 factors. RMSEA (0.048 p=0.896) and SRMR (0.057) indicate good fit, but CFI (0.896) is not acceptable.
What should I conclude from it? Is there any other index that I should add?

Thank you for your suggestions.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 5:19 pm
How does TLI and Chi-square look?
 Robert Urban posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 9:47 pm
Dear Dr. Muthén,
Chi square=955.9 df=261
TLI=0.881
This CFA model is the result of an E/CFA analysis.
Thanks,
Robert
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 8:15 am
The model does not seem to fit the data well. If this is an EFA in a CFA framework, you should obtain the same fit as the EFA. So perhaps five factors is not optimal.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: