Saving CFA estimates PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Shawn Dorius posted on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 12:45 pm
I estimated a CFA with a single factor and 3 indicators and then saved the factor scores to a new file. The problem is that I need to also export the respondent id so I can link the saved factor score to another data set, but can't figure out how to do this. When I include respid in the USEVARIABLES list, Mplus includes it in the variance-covariance matrix. How do I estimate my CFA, save the factor scores, and also include respid in the output file without having Mplus try and include respid in the model?

Thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 12:47 pm
See the IDVARIABLE option of the VARIABLE command.
 Tim Seifert posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 8:15 pm
I am running a CFA model. THe model runs fine I have included the following commands to save the factor socres:

Savedata:
file is factor.dat ;
save = fscores ;

MPlus creates the file factor.dat when the job starts. The file is 0 KB in size, and then deletes it when the job is done. No output file is saved. I've tried it on different computers and different directories. Any suggestions are appreciated.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 5:37 am
I would need to see your input, data, output, and license number at support@statmodel.com to understand why this is happening.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: