Constraining standardized uniqueness PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 fritz posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 5:04 am
Dear all,

I'm working on a model similar to Marsh and O'Mara (2008) including single indicators (grades).
These authors "...constrained the standardized uniqueness for each of these measures to be .10 (reflecting a conservative estimate of reliability of .90)" (p. 547).

I'd like to add such a constraint to my model, too, but I'm only aware of the possibility to constrain unstandardized coefficients which, i guess, would be

f1 by i1;
i1@.1;

I found that constraining standardized coefficients might be available using the MODEL CONSTRAINT option but I have no idea how to tell Mplus that it is the standardized coefficient, I'd like to constrain using this option. Maybe somebody has a solution or at least a good point to start...

Thanks in advance!

Marsh, H. W., & O'Mara, A. (2008). Reciprocal effects between academic self-concept, self-esteem, achievement, and attainment over seven adolescent years: Unidimensional and multidimensional perspectives of self-concept. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 542-552.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 8:29 am
You can standardize the raw coefficient using reliability. See slide 43 in the Topic 1 course handout.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: