Implied covariance matrix PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 Jaume Aguado Carné posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 8:10 am
Hi

I need to have the implied covariance matrix of some confirmatory factor models with categorical indicators (WLSMV used) but the option residual only gives me 3 decimals. I need more decimals. Is there a way to have this matrix with more decimals (at least 6)?

Thank you very much.
Jaume
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 9:16 am
You can't save these. The only thing I can think of is to save the results using the RESULTS option of the SAVEDATA command and obtain the model estimated correlation matrix in this way.
 Jaume Aguado Carné posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 9:52 am
Thank you for your quick response. I've tried what you suggested but the implied covariance matrix is not listed amongst the things saved in the file. How can I output it to that file?

Jaume
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 10:25 am
You can't save the model estimated covariance matrix. You need to save the results and calculate the model estimated covariance matrix from the results.
 Jaume Aguado Carné posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 2:35 am
Hi

I need to do this again but now I have 28 observed variables and it will be very long to calculate the implied covariance matrix that way. Is there an option available in version 6.1 to do this. I mean save the implied/estimated correlation matrix to a file? if not, It will be great to have this option added.

Thanks
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 6:03 am
There is a new option is Version 6.1 for this purpose. It is documented in the Version 6.1 Language Addendum which is on the website with the user's guide.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: