Second-order CFA among multiple groups PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Confirmatory Factor Analysis >
Message/Author
 rebecca tang posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 9:32 am
Hi,

I am working on a project about comparing second-order CFA between two groups.

Suppose there are four constructs x, y,z, m
x has several measurement scales, x1, x2,x 3,....
y has several measurement scales, y1, y2, y3.....
z has several measurement scales, z1, z2, z3,....
I also link m (no measurement scale)--> x, m-> y, m->z.

Because it is the second-order CFA, among three paths m->x,m->y, m->z, one of them has to be restricted to 1. When I compare the second-order CFA, how can I compare the path that is already restricted to 1? Suppose the path m->x is restricted to 1. After I compare the path m->y, m->z, can I free the path m->z, but restrict m->y as 1. And then I compare the path m->x. Is it possible?

Thank you very much for your help. It is really helpful for me!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, October 15, 2010 - 9:10 am
Free all of the factor loadings for the second-order factor and set its metric by fixing the factor variance to one.
 songthip ounpraseuth posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 12:14 pm
Hi Dr. Muthen

I wanted to examine a second order CFA component prior to testing my larger SEM model. One of my construct is given below:

USEVARIABLES ARE X1-X12;
CATEGORICAL ARE X1-X12;
MISSING ARE ALL (-99);
MODEL: F1 BY X1 X2;
F2 BY X3 X4;
F3 BY X5-X8;
F4 BY X9-X12;
F5 BY F1 F2 F3 F4;

OUTPUT: Standardized; modindices;

Its failing to provide estimates since the number of iterations exceeded and no convergence was achieved.

Is the problem caused by the fact that F1 and F2 have only two first-order factor indicators? A colleague ran the same model in AMOS which provided various estimates and fit statistics. Although the output appeared normal, I was concerned that the estimator used was MLE while in the presence of ordinal indictors.

I am currently running Mplus version 6.0.

Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 12:53 pm
Please send the full output and your license number to support@statmodel.com so I can see why the model did not converge.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: