RUNALL UTILITY PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 Anonymous posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 7:27 am
Hello,

I'm trying to use the runall utility. I have saved the file that contains the four programs to my desktop. I have also modified the programs for my specific issue. However, when I try to use them at the c: prompt, the computer can't seem to find them. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, when I get the program to run a little, I get an error message that says that the savedata command is incorrect. This leads me to believe that I'm doing something wrong. So, in a step-by-step format, can someone walk me through this process. Thank you
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 8:55 am
If you are having problems with RUNALL, I suggest you use the Version 3 external Monte Carlo option. This is more straightforward. See Chapters 11 and 18 of the Mplus User's Guide.
 Anonymous posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 9:14 am
I appreciate the help. However, chapters 11 and 18 do not provide me with syntax as to how to read multiple data sets for a monte carlo study. For instance, example 11.7 only shows how to use saved estimates from a single sample. In chapter 18, I did not see any command for multiple samples. The idea that I have requires me to generate my data outside of Mplus and then have Mplus read the data for analysis. Without being able to read the multiple data points from the external file, as RUNALL promises, my project may be on hold. Any other guidance.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 10:29 am
See Step 2 of Example 11.6. In Step 1, the data sets are generated by Mplus. In your case, you will generate them outside of Mplus. Step 2 is the same in both cases.
 Anonymous posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 11:42 am
I see. Thank you very much. This will help out a lot.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: