Mplus citation PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Structural Equation Modeling >
Message/Author
 learningmplus posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:50 pm
Hi!

Could you please advise what is the correct APA citation for the MPlus software?

I cited the program as:

MPLUS (Version 6.11). [Computer Software]. Los Angeles, CA: Muthén & Muthén.

However, there is no year. I know versions are updated, but what year should I use for this version? What is the correct citation? I cited as above in my paper but only in the Reference section. The Editor asked me to include it in text, as well. Sorry if this is basic question, but I'm unsure how to cite it in text.

Some of the grad students in my lab used the citation below, but it is not the manual I want to cite, rather the software.

Muthén, L. K.., & Muthén, B. O. (2007). Mplus User's Guide (Sixth Edition). Los Angeles, CA: Muthén & Muthén.
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 3:13 pm
We cite the manual for the software.

Muthén, L. K., & Muthén, B. O. (1998-2011). Mplus User's Guide. Sixth Edition. Los Angeles, CA: Muthén & Muthén.
 xiaoyu posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 1:31 pm
Dear Muthen,
What is the correct citation for MPLUS software Version 5.21, both in the text and in the reference?
Thank you!
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:10 am
See the inside of the first page of the user's guide.
 Cesar Daniel Costa Ball posted on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 6:05 am
Hello

How cite the APA format Mplus 7.4 program?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 11:48 am
I don't know what the APA format would be for this document. Our recommendation is shown on the second page of the user's guide.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: