Saving estimates for each clusterID PreviousNext
Mplus Discussion > Multilevel Data/Complex Sample >
Message/Author
 Matthew McBee posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 6:29 am
Is there a way to save separate parameter estimates for each clusterID in the analysis?
 Linda K. Muthen posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 8:47 am
I think you are asking if you can save factor scores for the between-level of a multilevel model. You can do this using the FSCORES option of the SAVEDATA command.
 Matthew McBee posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 6:32 am
Thank you - that is exactly what I needed.
 Michael Hurlburt posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 1:26 pm
I have an additional question on the topic of between-level factors scores in a multi-level model.

I am attempting to model variations in the occurrence of a dichotomous dependent variable, using within and between weights (person and agency weights).

When I run an unconditional model and save factor scores, I find that the between level factor scores vary within cluster and seem to be associated with the magnitude of the within level weights. Taking off the weight statements, the factor scores are constant within clusters, as I am used to seeing in multi-level models I have run before.

In an unconditional model, is it common/expected for between level factor score estimates to vary within clusters as a function of the within weights? Why?

Here is a small sample of my SAVE=FSCORES output, just showing that the factor score estimates vary within agencies.

DV w-wt b-wt btw-est agency
0 0.62 3.12 -1.469 1
0 0.15 3.12 -0.36 1
0 0.58 3.12 -1.361 1
0 1.08 1.83 -2.409 2
0 1.21 1.83 -2.698 2
0 1.15 1.83 -2.558 2

Thanks!
 Tihomir Asparouhov posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 3:09 pm
Between level factor score estimates do not vary within clusters in principle. Send your example to support@statmodel.com.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: