Moderated mediation plot based on User's Guide ex 3.18
Migrating from Hayes’ PROCESS to Mplus
Cross-level interaction (two-level moderation) plot
Two-level mediation with random slopes
Counterfactual causal effects for mediation modeling
- Muthén, B., Muthén, L. & Asparouhov, T. (2016). Regression And Mediation Analysis Using Mplus. Los Angeles: Muthén & Muthén.
- Nguyen, T.Q., Webb-Vargas, Y., Koning, I.K. & Stuart, E.A. (2016). Causal mediation analysis with a binary outcome and multiple continuous or ordinal mediators: Simulations and application to an alcohol intervention.
Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 23:3, 368-383 DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2015.1062730
- De Stavola, B. L., Daniel, R. M., Ploubidis, G. B. & Micali, N. (2015). Mediation analysis with intermediate confounding: Structural equation modeling viewed through the causal inference lens.
American Journal of Epidemiology. DOI: 10.1093/aje/kwu239
- Muthén, B. & Asparouhov T. (2015). Causal effects in mediation modeling: An introduction with applications to latent variables. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 22(1), 12-23. DOI:10.1080/10705511.2014.935843
- Muthén, B. (2011). Applications of causally defined direct and indirect effects in mediation analysis using SEM in Mplus.
View the Technical appendix. View the Input appendix.
View Mplus inputs, data, and outputs used in this paper.
General papers using Mplus
- McLarnon, M.J.W. & O'Neill, T.A. (2018). Extensions of auxiliary variable approaches for the investigation of mediation, moderation, and conditional effects in mixture models. Organizational Research Methods, 21(4), 955-982. DOI: 10.1177/1094428118770731
- Feingold, A., MacKinnon, D.P., & Capaldi, D.M. (2018). Mediation analysis with binary outcomes: Direct and indirect effects of proalcohol influences on alcohol use disorders. Addictive Behaviors. DOI: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2018.12.018
- Asparouhov, T. & Muthén, B. (2018). Latent variable centering of predictors and mediators in multilevel and time-series models. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2018.1511375 (Download scripts).
- Preacher, K.J., Zhang, Z. & Zyphur, M.J. (2016). Multilevel structural equation models for assessing moderation within and across levels of analysis. Psychological Methods. 21(2), 189-205. DOI: 10.1037/met0000052
- Cheung, G.W. & Lau, R.S. (2015). Accuracy of parameter estimates and confidence intervals in moderated mediation models: A comparison of regression and latent moderated structural equations.
Organazational Research Methods, 20(4) 746-769. DOI: 10.1177/1094428115595869
- Wang, L., and Preacher, K. J. (2014). Moderated mediation analysis using Bayesian methods.
Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. 22(2), 249-263. DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2014.935256
For more information, visit our General Description page.